World Book Day. If you’re anything like me, the words fill you with dread. Normally because I’m totally disorganised and left trying to cobble together a costume for World Book Day that I can make from things I have at home and something that my child will wear. (I have been known to spend an evening making a costume only for it to be rejected!)
Heads up – it’s Thursday 4th March this year.
I’ve blogged before about why I generally try to use ‘normal’ clothes for costumes, rather than bought costumes (cheaper and safer, generally). So if you’re stuck for inspiration, here’s a list of ideas for outfits you can make using our bright basics!
- The Evil Pea – all in green with red cape and black mask
- Go Jetters (ok, not strictly a book then?!) – either all purple, all red or Blue top with orange leggings and make the logos on paper/ card and attach.
- What the Ladybird Heard Ladybird – red top, and add some cardboard wings with dots!
- The Highway Rat – Beeboobuzz purple leggings with a white top – just add a cape, hat and sword
- Oi Frog – all in green, make eyes from paper or card and attach on a hat/ headband
- Zog – all in Beeboobuzz orange and make cardboard wings! Or choose a different colour dragon to be.
- Where’s Wally – red stop (with white masking tape to make stripes) and blue leggings or jeans
- Tiger who came to Tea – All in Beeboobuzz orange and use black masking tape to add stripes
- The Day the Crayons Quit – all one colour of your choice!
- Little Miss sunshine – all in Beeboobuzz yellow
- Mr Tickle – all in Beeboobuzz orange with a blue hat
- Mr Bump – all in Beeboobuzz blue with a white bandage
- Miffy – orange Beeboobuzz dungarees and rabbit ears
- Winne the Pooh – yellow Beeboobuzz leggings and a red short sleeve t-shirt
- Bing – green Beeboobuzz t-shirt and red dungarees
- Three little pigs – all in Beeboobuzz pink!
- Minion – blue Beeboobuzz dungarees with yellow top
- George’s Marvellous medicine – red Beeboobuzz top and jean
Let me know if you have any other brilliant ideas and we’d love to see photos of your outfits! Please tag us on social media so we can see.